Are you researching video security camera systems and wondering if the Blink system can record from two cameras simultaneously?
Keep reading to learn about the dual camera functionality of the Blink home monitoring system.
The article provides a guide to setting up a dual-camera Blink security system and covers the following topics:
- The scalability of the Blink camera systems and how up to 10 cameras can be used on one system.
- The ability to record from two Blink security cameras simultaneously, although using one camera per location is recommended for home security purposes.
- The two-camera pack offered by Blink (available here), which includes all the necessary equipment to get started, including the Sync Module 2 unit.
- How to set up the Sync Module and add the cameras, as well as how to view multiple Blink cameras at once.
- The capability of Blink cameras to have multiple users and be monitored on two separate phones.
- The weather-resistant design of the Blink cameras and their affordability as a security system.
How Many Blink Cameras Can You Have On One System?
Blink camera systems are designed to be scalable, so you can have multiple cameras set up within a single system. In fact, Blink’s website advertises that their systems can support up to 10 cameras per account.
It’s worth noting, however, that the number of cameras you can have on one system may depend on factors such as your internet connection speed and the amount of storage space available on your device.
Overall, Blink cameras are a great choice for those looking for a flexible and expandable home security solution.
Can 2 Blink Cameras Record at the Same Time?
Yes, it is possible to use two Blink security cameras to record multiple locations simultaneously. In fact, you can technically use as many cameras as you would like. However, for home security purposes (which is what Blink is marketed for), we recommend only using one camera per location or area you want to monitor.
Can You View All Blink Cameras at Once?
Yes, you can view multiple Blink cameras at once. This system is entirely expandable, so you can add up to 10 cameras.
When you have everything set up and open the Blink app, you can see all the camera feeds on one screen, allowing you to scroll through all the feeds to get a quick glance at each. If you want to look at one of them, simply tap it, and it will take over the entire screen.
Setting Up A Blink 2 Outdoor Camera System
Setting up a 2 camera system with Blink outdoor cameras is reasonably quick and easy. Before getting started, there are a few things you will need to do to get your system up and running:
- You are going to need to purchase a Blink Sync Module 2. These are relatively inexpensive and can be found here on Amazon.
- We did another article on the Sync Module and how to set it up. I would recommend going there and reading the article to get up to speed on how it works and how to set it up.
What you will need:
- Two Blink cameras, all the mounting hardware, etc., come with them.
- A Blink Sync Module 2 unit.
Step 1 – Start With The Blink Outdoor Camera 2 Pack
If you don’t already own the two cameras, you can save a bit of money by purchasing their two-camera pack that includes the Sync Module 2. This bundle contains everything you need to get started:
- Two wireless outdoor security cameras.
- A USB power cable and power adapter.
- A quick start guide to help you through the process.
- Sync Module 2.
You can purchase this bundle on Amazon here.
The most significant advantage to starting with the 2 camera pack is that it comes with the Sync Module 2 unit. This equipment lets you connect your two cameras to your internet to view live and recorded footage from your mobile devices. The Sync Module does not come with a single camera and needs to be purchased separately.
The Sync Module also makes it very easy to add more cameras in the future if you want to expand.
Step 2 – Set Up The Sync Module And Add The Cameras
The next step is to set up your Sync Module and add the cameras. We did a very in-depth Sync Module article with step-by-step instructions. You can find those instructions by clicking here.
How to View Multiple Blink Cameras at Once? Grid View!
With this setup, there isn’t anything special that you need to do to view multiple cameras at once because the Sync Module and app take care of it all. If you want to add a third camera, just plug in the sync module and connect the new camera to it and then open the blink app, install it and automatically add the third feed to the app’s list of available feeds for you to view in a grid on your screen.
It really is that easy!
Yes, you can set up multiple users on one device if desired. To do this, simply install the app on all of your phones and then log into the account using the same username and password on each phone. This way, any motion or sound alerts from the device will simultaneously alert all users on the account.
Yes, you can monitor footage from Blink cameras on two separate phones. You must download the free Blink app on both devices and set them up with the exact account details.
With the app installed, you can choose which devices you want to use to monitor your security camera footage. If you have more than one phone, you can set up multiple user accounts within the app, allowing you to switch between them as needed.
Yes, you can have Blink cameras at multiple locations in the same account.
Do you need a solid security system for your home but want to save time setting it up? Look no further, my friend, because the Blink 2 camera system has covered you! Trust me, it’s super simple to set up and get running – seriously, it’ll take you no time at all.
Plus, if you ever need to expand, you can add up to 10 cameras or any other device to the sync module – it’s like a security system party, and everyone’s invited!
And no need to worry about the weather. These bad boys are weather-resistant and ready to take on any element mother nature throws their way. So give these cameras a shot if you’re looking for an affordable, easy-peasy, and well-equipped security system!